How One Harvard Grad Ditched Politics to Launch a Pet Wellness Startup

Daniel worked tirelessly to find a system for detecting cat health problems through a specialty cat litter.
 
 
This message is brought to you by a sponsor of catster.com
 
 
 
 
 
 

How a Sick Cat Inspired One Harvard Grad to Ditch Politics
and Launch a Pet Wellness Startup

When Daniel Rotman graduated with his Master's from Harvard in 2012, he was expected to join the world of politicians, hedge fund managers, and lawyers.

But despite the countless opportunities his background and network offered him, he felt he had a deeper calling: To help pet-parents and veterinarians save the lives of thousands of cats each year.

Man on a Mission

“When [my cat] Gingi was sick, I saw that the doctor would always do either a blood draw or urinalysis,” says Daniel. “I thought that I could create an in-home system to monitor cat health. The moment I realized how powerful cat litter could be as a specimen collection tool to check your cat’s health was the moment PrettyLitter was born.”

Following his “ah-ha” moment and driven by his mission to help save feline lives and cat-parents heartache, Daniel worked tirelessly to find a system for detecting cat health problems through a specialty cat litter.

“When I first came up with this idea that we could take litter and add elements  —  called health indicators  —  and sprinkle them throughout the litter, that was powerful,” says Daniel. “This was the way to tell the cat owner in a very clear way that something might be wrong.”

Partnering with litter developers and skilled veterinarians, Daniel perfected the product as an everyday health detection system that quickly and clearly tells pet parents when their cat may be unwell.

“I built PrettyLitter out of my apartment on the same meager income I was making fresh out of college. My office was my bedroom. I was answering customer service questions from a Gmail account. I would package each individual order, print the labels on my home printer, and drive them to the post office. It was exhausting work but I knew it had the strong potential to become something big with perseverance.”


© 2018 Belvoir Media | All rights reserved.
535 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06856

This email was intended for firstname90035.notifyme@blogger.com

privacy policy | unsubscribe | view online
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts